Friday, November 11, 2011

Educating The Masses Critique

         I agree with her a 100 percent. But at the same time we do need to some sort of scale to measure education and intelligence. In order to pass the kids on to the next grade level. Standardized test don’t mean much but at the same time what alternative/method would you rather choose. Would you choose a Henry David Thoreau method of studying where we would learn by soaking up the outside world and just sit together and talk amongst each other?
       I do agree and I don’t think we should cram material down student’s throats. I also don’t agree that we shouldn't prepare them to take standardized test but as of now there isn't a better alternative.   I just wish she gave an example of alternative ways to measure kids learning ability.  We can’t just assume the kids learned the material they need to be tested. 

http://afsikes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Testing